Beach Sunrise Family Photo Session | Cocoa Beach, FL
March 19, 2018
Happy March Peeps! Yes, it's almost spring time and the birds are chirping, we have flowers coming up in our yard (ya'll know the previous owners planted these), and it's sunny and in the 50s and 60s here! So it's the perfect time to bring you a little sunshine from a family session that took me well outside of my comfort zone last fall. Of course I shoot families all the time, but I never travel 3 1/2 hours by plane to do so, or shoot on a real beach, or shoot little kids at sunrise (yep, 2 - 6 years old). But as the old saying goes, the magic happens when you're outside of your comfort zone. You can see the magic that happened by just looking at the photos below.
As you can probably tell from the photos above, I loved every minute of this session. It challenged me technically because the light at the beach when the sun is rising is different than what I'm used to, you have to make sure you (or your clients) don't get knocked over by the waves; and there are lots of people at the beach walking through your shots no matter how early in the morning it is! I'm so glad I got out of my comfort zone because I had at least 5 "Aha moments" after doing this session:
1. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable - that is where the growth happens
2. Celebrate progress, not perfection - this is a session I probably wouldn't have been able to shoot in such a beautiful manner 5 years ago when I first started; so I am celebrating the fact that I am not the photographer that I used to be!
3. If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later! (Richard Branson)
4. I was reminded of an Annie Liebovitz quote, "A thing you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people." The majority of my clients, I already have an existing relationship with; and I like it like that. I already have a love for them, and when they get in front of my camera, my love just deepens. This family is no different; they were among my first group of clients when I set up shop in the Denver area, and I am forever grateful for them.
5. There is no coming back from the point of no return with a toddler...hahahaha....ughhh...
Thanks for visiting! See ya next month!
Makia Images is a South Denver family photography business also specializing in maternity, children, lifestyle, senior and extended family sessions; as well as event photography. Service areas include Denver Colorado and surrounding suburbs, as well as Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- No Comments